Evaluation tool 3 – Mentimeter
What is this tool?
Mentimeter (https://www.mentimeter.com/) is a free, online, fun and interactive presentation tool that allows presenters to quickly (and accurately) gather audience responses. It can be used to collect a wide variety of data in an anonymous way.
What can I use it for?
This technique requires access to a smartphone, tablet or computer, but can be used for all kinds of audiences (primary and secondary school students, teachers, interested adults, general public etc).
When should I use it?
This tool is best suited to use during an event.
What do I need?
- A (free!) account on the Mentimeter website
- List of questions you want to ask – these are usually best as multiple choice options, though it is possible to ask short-response answers also
- Audience access to online devices (tablets, smart phones, computers etc.)
- Reliable internet access – for both the presenter and the audience to use
- (optional) a way to display the Mentimeter website to your audience – e.g. projection of your computer display
Let’s get started…
Go to the Mentimeter tool worksheet