Europlanet is proud to support Industry and Academia interactions. We believe there are many synergistic opportunities for collaborations with experts that can be beneficial to all parties involved.
Within the Europlanet 2024 Research Infrastructure (RI) programme, a specific funding line is available to enable and encourage such collaborations.
The key aims are:
- Generate industry/academia collaborations in the context of planetary science
- Encourage SME participation and Widening Participation [link]/ Under-represented countries
Reasons for academics to be involved with industry:
- Industry often has a product oriented vision with clear emphasis on the impact of project
- Open up opportunities for funding as collaborative partners
- Potential to fund (co-fund) PhDs
- Exposure can facilitate transition to a career in industry
Reasons for industry to be involved with planetary scientists:
- Expertise in innovative, complex analysis processes
- Great variety of expertise domains (data analysis, instrumentation) in a range of topics (planetary mapping, atmospheric analysis/forecasting, big data, machine learning)
Throughout the Europlanet 2024 RI programme, a series of workshops will be organised along the theme of exchanges between academia and industry, alongside our yearly industry-themed session at the Europlanet Science Congress held in different locations across Europe.
This page will be regularly updated with upcoming events across Europe.
If you are interested in knowing more, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org