Transnational Access (TA)
Europlanet 2024 RI provides FREE access to the world’s largest collection of planetary simulation and analysis facilities.
- Seven* Planetary Field Analogues (PFA) from Botswana to Iceland to support current and forthcoming missions to Mars, the Moon and the icy moons of Jupiter.
- Twenty four Distributed Planetary Laboratory Facilities (DPLF) to enable the simulation or characterisation of planetary conditions and materials, plus thirteen facilities offered by the Korea Basic Science Institute (KBSI) in South Korea.
*Please note: Due to the situation in Ethiopia, the Danakil Depression site is currently unavailable.
Europlanet 2024 RI’s Transnational Access (TA) programme supports all travel and local accommodation costs for European and international researchers to visit these facilities and field sites.
- You can submit proposals to the TA programme through annual calls.
- You should only apply for access to facilities outside of the country in which you are employed.
- The TA programme can support up to two researchers for each visit and covering a time-period ranging from a few days to several weeks.
- While the Europlanet 2024 RI TA programme is designed to primarily support planetary science, applications from other research disciplines will also be considered based on innovation and potential scientific and technological impact.
- Payment of expenses for the TA visit will only be processed after the production of a written report on the visit, as proof to the EU that the visit was conducted.
- Participants should acknowledge the funding from Europlanet 2024 RI (under the grant agreement No 871149) in any publications or presentations that include data produced during the TA visit.
Anonymised proposals will be evaluated by a peer review process managed by the European Science Foundation, independent of the Europlanet 2024 RI participants.
The 3rd and last call for Transnational Access applications from the Europlanet 2024 RI project closed in fall 2022. Please check out the call page for more information.
If you would like more information about how to apply successfully for a TA call, see our resources page, which includes presentations from a webinar held in December 2020 with the TA programme coordinators, facility leads and successful applicants.
Back to Europlanet 2024 RI homepage.