TA2 Distributed Planetary Laboratory Facility
The disparate bodies in our Solar System are made up of remarkably diverse environments, many incomparable to terrestrial conditions.
TA2 Distributed Planetary Laboratory Facility (DPLF) provides access to 24 facilities within 13 research centres that enable the simulation or characterisation of planetary conditions and materials, including:
- The validation of instrument design and performance
- The study of physical and geological processes that form specific planetary environments,
- The evaluation of biogeochemical processes that control whether life could evolve or survive.
- Detailed mineralogical, (bio) geochemical and isotopic characterisation of (extra-terrestrial) sample materials.
The Europlanet Transnational Access programme supports visits to the following facilities:
1. Geology and Geochemistry radiogenic and non-traditional stable Isotope Facility (GGIF), Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, NL.
2. High-Pressure, High-Temperature Laboratory, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, NL.
3. Petrology-Mineralogy Characterisation Facility (PMCF), Natural History Museum, UK.
4. Planetary Environment Facilities (PEF). University of Aarhus, Denmark.
5. Planetary Spectroscopy Laboratory (PSL), DLR, Germany.
6. Planetary Simulation Laboratory (PASLAB), DLR, Germany.
8. Cold Surfaces spectroscopy (CSS), IPAG, France.
9. Ion probe facility (IPF), CRPG, France.
10. Stable Rare Gas and Radiogenic Isotope Facility (SGRIF), CRPG, France.
11. Atomki Ice Chamber for Astrophysics/Astrochemistry (ICA), Hungary.
12. Atomki ECRIS Laboratory, Hungary.
13. Electron induced fluorescence laboratory (EIFL) – Comenius University, Slovakia.
14. ETH Zürich Geo- and Cosmochemistry Isotope Facility, Switzerland.
15. ETH Zürich Geo- and Cosmochemistry Noble Gas Laboratory, Switzerland.
17. Isotoptech Stable/Clumped Isotopes Laboratory (ISIL), Hungary.
18. Isotoptech Noble Gas Isotope facility (INGIL), Hungary.
19. Center for Microbial Life Detection, Medical University Graz, Austria.
20. Mars Chamber Facility, Open University, Milton Keynes, UK.
21. NanoSIMS 50L (NSIMS), Open University Isotopes Facilities, UK.
22. Laser Fluorination System, Open University Isotopes Facilities, UK.
23. Flow-Through Simulation Chambers, Open University, UK.
24. Stirling Planetary Ices Laboratory, University of Stirling, UK.
Back to Europlanet 2024 RI homepage.