2020-21 VESPA Open Call Announcement
The VESPA activity in the Europlanet 2024 RI programme aims to make Planetary Science and Solar System data accessible and searchable through an interoperable system following the principles of Open Science.
In the combined 2020-21 VESPA Open Call, up to 10 projects will be selected to enlarge the data content accessible via the VESPA interface.
A workshop will be organised with the selected participants to help them design and set up their project, and to open it to the user community. This workshop will be held online (over three half days from 29 November to 1 December 2021, with a follow-up period from 1-9 December), and organised by IRAP/CNRS Toulouse and Jacobs University, Bremen.
The 2021 Open Call for VESPA services is now out at: http://www.europlanet-vespa.eu/call2021.shtml
The project submission form will be available later in the summer – please check the VESPA call page for updates.
Relevant deadlines and milestones:
- Call closes: 7 October 2021
- Selection of teams by 20 October 2021
- Telecons with selected teams from 22 November 2021
- Workshop: We are planning to schedule an initial period of common activities (29 November – 1 December) with support from the organising personel, followed by a finalisation period when specific issues will be handled asynchronously (spanning 1-9 December).
- Post-workshop telecon, December 2021
- A finalisation review performed with the proposers in December 2021
- Service delivery date: the aim is to have the new services published by January 2022