AbGradEPEC 2020 – Registration now open
Deadline for abstract submission: 15th January. Deadline for registration: 1st Feburary 2020.
The registration for the first AbGradE event in 2020 is now open – a joint symposium/workshop with the Europlanet Early Career (EPEC) Network.
The event will take place in the days immediately before the first BEACON conference and will offer young scientists a smooth entry into the new European Astrobiology Institute (EAI). Both the AbGradEPEC event and BEACON itself will take place at the La Palma & Teneguia Princess Hotel on La Palma Island (Canary Islands, Spain). The preliminary program is:
- Thursday (16.4.2020)
- evening: Ice Breaker at the Pool Bar
- Friday (17.4.2020)
- morning: Introductory lectures into the field of astrobiology
- afternoon: Excursion to the lava tubes “Cueva de Las Palomas”
- evening: Dinner and pub quiz
- Saturday (18.4.2020): Scientific Programme
- whole day: Scientific Programme
- Sunday (19.4.2020)
- morning (and maybe afternoon): Workshop
The scientific sessions on Saturday will include contributed talks (and/or posters) by attendees. Depending on the final number of presentations, the length of the talks will be between 10 and 20 minutes. This is an opportunity for Early Career participants to give a talk in front of other young scientists in a stress-free environment. Please fill in the registration form (Link: Registration Form) to receive further instructions concerning the format and length of the abstract for either (or both) a contributed talk or (and) poster via email.
The registration fee for the AbGradEPEC event will be 30€. In addition, there will be an excursion to the lava tubes “Cueva de Las Palomas” on Friday afternoon for 25€ extra. The bank details for payment will be sent after completion of the registration form. Registration is only completed when the registration fee is transferred.
- the deadline for abstract submission (and accommodation grant applications) is January 15th, 2020
- the deadline for registration to AbGradEPEC is February 1st, 2020.
Participants are recommended to stay directly at the venue (La Palma & Teneguia Princess Hotel). Accommodation booking should be done directly through the hotel website. Please note that ALL participants should do their booking on their own. The accommodation booking deadline is February 1st, 2020. Thereafter, accommodation cannot be guaranteed anymore. To book accommodation, please follow the instruction below:
- Go to https://www.princess-hotels.com/en/hotels/la-palma/teneguia-princess
- Click the “Search” button on the left bottom of the page
- Fill in the promotion code PHYSICSTOCKHOLM (make sure to use capitalised letters)
- Fill in the number of persons, the arrival and departure date.
- You should be quoted the price of 67.88 € for one person and night or 102 EUR per night for two persons. Please note that this is for full board.
- Click “Add” besides the quotation
- The booking summary appears on the right. Click “Book”
- Fill in your name, credit card details and, after reading the cancellation rules carefully, accept the cancellation and deposit policies.
- You should receive a confirmation.
Some accommodation grants are available. To be eligible for an accommodation grant, participants must submit an abstract and tick the respective field in the registration form. The result of the grant evaluation will be announced in the last week of January to ensure that awardees are able to book their accommodation before the deadline (Feb 1st).
Full details are also available on the meeting homepage (AbGradEPEC’20).