Call for the Farinella Prize 2019 launched.
The call for the Farinella Prize 2019 has been announced. The ninth Paolo Farinella Prize will be awarded to a young scientist with outstanding contributions in the field of planetary science concerning “The Trans-Neptunian Population”. The prize is supported by the University of Pisa and by IAPS-INAF (Rome). The award ceremony will be hosted by the European Planetary Science Congress (EPSC) – Division for Planetary Sciences (DPS) Joint Meeting in Geneva, Switzerland (15-20 September 2019).
For the 9th“Paolo Farinella” Prize the terms and rules are as follows:
- A competition is announced to award the “Paolo Farinella” Prize for the year 2019. The prize consists of a plate, a certificate and the amount of 1500 €. The winner is expected to give a Prize lecture at the EPSC/DPS awards special session.
- The winner will be selected on the basis of his/her overall research results in the field of “The Trans-Neptunian Population“.
- Nominations must be sent by email not later than April 15 to the following addresses: email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com, using the downloadable form.
- The nominations for the “Paolo Farinella” Prize can be made by any researcher that works in the field of planetary sciences following the indications in the attached form. Selfnominationsareacceptable. The candidates should have international and interdisciplinary collaborations and should be not older than 47 years, the age of Paolo when he passed away, at the date of April 15, 2019.
- The winner of the prize will be selected before May 20 by the “Paolo Farinella” Prize Committee composed of outstanding scientists in planetary sciences, with specific experience in the field.
- The Prize Committee will consider all the nominations, but will be entitled to autonomously consider other candidates.