Call for Vice Chair of EPSC Executive Committee
Deadline: Monday, 31 January 2022
If you would like to put yourself forward for this role, please fill in the application form.
For more information, please see the EPSC Executive Committee Terms of Reference and the Job Description for the EPSC Executive Committee Vice Chair. If you have any questions, please contact the Europlanet Society Executive Board.
The EPSC Executive Committee Vice Chair is responsible for:
- Supporting the EPSC Executive Committee Chair in the commission of their duties
- Standing in for the Chair where requested.
The EPSC Executive Committee Chair is responsible for:
- Together with the Europlanet Society Executive Office (ESF), the Conference Organiser, and the EPSC Executive Committee, maintaining oversight of the budget for EPSC and ensuring that the conference does not operate at a loss.
- Convening EPSC Executive Committee meetings and ensuring that appropriate records and actions are maintained and circulated.
- Leading the EPSC Executive Committee in supporting the SOC, VOC, LOC and Conference Organiser in the practical delivery of EPSC meetings.
- Extending invitations to high-level speakers and guests at EPSC.
- Updating the Code of Conduct and guidelines for EPSC.
- Disseminating information from the EPSC Executive Committee to the community.
- Ensuring that EPSC overall upholds the Europlanet Society’s Commitment to Diversity
- Overseeing incident reporting procedures.
- Preparing reports for the Europlanet Society Executive Board on EPSC (including collated summaries of activities by the SOC, VOC and LOC) and overseeing evaluation of feedback from EPSC participants.
- Leading the EPSC Executive Committee and Conference Organiser in preparing calls for proposals of venues for future EPSC meetings and overseeing selection process.
- Liaising with the Division of Planetary Sciences in preparation of join EPSC/DPS meetings.
- Liaising with Europlanet Society Committees and groups (e.g. EPEC, Industry and Regional Hubs) in preparation for Europlanet Society events at EPSC.
- Organising calls for any bursary schemes in collaboration with the Europlanet Society Executive Office (ESF).
Upcoming EPSC Meetings
- EPSC 2022 will take place at the Palacio de Exposiciones y Congresos de Granada, Spain from 18-23 September 2022.
- EPSC 2023 will take place as a joint meeting with the American Astronomical Society’s Division of Planetary Sciences (DPS) in San Antonio, Texas, from 1-6 October 2023 (TBC)
- EPSC 2024 will take place at Finlandia Hall in Helsinki from 15-20 September 2024.
- EPSC 2025 will provisionally take place as a joint meeting with the DPS (European venue TBC).