Committee Funding Request
The Europlanet Society offers calls for funding proposals (between 1000 € and 5000 €) submitted through its Regional Hubs, Committees and Working Groups in support of their activities or those of the Society Membership.
Guidelines for submitting a request
- The total budget allocated to the calls will be defined at the General Assembly (held during EPSC) for the following year, based on the financial status of the Europlanet Society.
- The funded projects will be awarded up to 5000 €. Additional financial support may be considered exceptionally, on a case-by-case basis, and if the need for additional support is sufficiently substantiated in the proposal. Funding for projects under 1000 € should be directly requested to the relevant Committee or Regional Hubs.
- Proposals for financial support can only be submitted via the Committees and Working Groups of the Europlanet Society, including the Regional Hubs, the Diversity Committee, the EPEC Committee, the Industry Working Group and the Outreach Working Group.
- Members of the Society may approach their Regional Hub (or any of the other Committees or Working Groups) with suggestions for projects, which may be submitted on their behalf.
- Each Committee/Working Group may submit more than one proposal per call, but they should rank them in order of preference.
- The scope of the funding scheme is deliberately broad to enable the community to propose diverse and innovative projects.
- The proposals should further the aims of the Europlanet Society and actively involve Society members.
- The Europlanet Society will not provide financial support for activities that are otherwise supported by the Europlanet 2024 RI project.
- The administration of the funded projects should be handled by the local organisation (note: overheads will not be supported).
- Successful proposals will need to provide a report on outcomes of the funded activities to the Europlanet Society Executive Board.
- The Europlanet Society Executive Board will evaluate the proposals in line with the aims of the Society.
- Any Board Member with a conflict of interest for a given proposal will be excluded from its evaluation.
- Fair distribution across the different Committees, Working Groups and regions will be taken into account in the decision-making for which proposals should be funded.
The 2023 call for the Committee Funding Requests is open. The deadline for submitting an application has been extended to 13 July 2023.
**ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY A COMMITTEE OR WORKING GROUP OF THE EUROPLANET SOCIETY WILL BE REVIEWED. IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE SOCIETY AND WISH TO PROPOSE A PROJECT, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR REGIONAL HUB OR THE RELEVANT COMMITTEE.**