Executive Board Nomination – Treasurer
The elections for the position of Treasurer for the Executive Board of the Europlanet Society will be held during the General Assembly on 30 September 2020, as part of the Europlanet Science Congress (EPSC) 2020 virtual meeting. The Executive Board consists of five officers of the Europlanet Society (President, two Vice-Presidents, Secretary and Treasurer) and six board members. Members of the Executive Board shall hold office for a period of four years. The roles and responsibilities of the Executive Board members are provided at the end of the page. The other 10 members of the Executive Board were elected during the Europlanet General Assembly held in Geneva in September 2019.
Candidates standing for election as Treasurer of the Executive Board should be nominated by two ordinary members of the Europlanet Society.
To propose a candidate, please fill the form below. The two members proposing the nominations (“proposers”) must be different from the nominee.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Executive Board members
The Executive Board shall be the governing body of the Europlanet Society and shall manage, direct and control the affairs and property of the Society within the limits of its Constitution. The Board may delegate some of its powers to a Committee, to some of its officers or to its designated agent.
The Executive Board will:
- Ensure that the Society complies with its Constitution and other relevant regulations.
- Ensure that the Society applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives, giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Ensure proper and effective use of the Society’s resources whilst maintaining and enhancing the reputation and profile of the Society.
- Ensure effective presentation of and interaction with the membership. Oversee the processes for election and progression of its members. Oversee the activities of the Executive Office.
- Safeguard the good name and ethos of the Society.
The Treasurer shall have oversight of the Society’s budget and ensure its coherence. To that effect, the Treasurer will work closely with the Executive Office Staff to draft the annual budgets and manage the Society finances.
The Executive Board Members (including the President, Vice-Presidents and elected officers) will:
- Consider strategic issues for the Society
- Approve major financial decisions
- Serve on subcommittees to support specific areas of Society activity and report on their work to the Executive Board
- Feed into the Europlanet Society response to policy and other consultations
Furthermore, Board Members will collectively share the oversight of the following remits:
- Outreach and Education
- Early Career
- Diversity, Inclusion and Widening participation
- Industry relations
- Amateur collaboration
- Infrastructure development
- Global collaboration
- Policy engagement
- External funding opportunities
Executive Board meetings attendance
The Executive Board members are expected to attend all Board meetings (including General Assemblies). If Board Members fail to attend two consecutive meetings, they will be asked to renew their interest in sitting on the Executive Board. If they fail to attend three consecutive meetings, replacements will be sought.