- This event has passed.
2021 Sagan Exoplanet Summer Virtual Workshop
19 July 2021 – 23 July 2021 UTC+1
The workshop will address how transformational new datasets are allowing us to address key questions about the formation and evolution of planets and their potential habitability; topics will include:
- Properties of transiting young planets detected by the Kepler/K2 and TESS missions
- Gaia identification of groups of young stars and determination of their ages
- Properties of planets and disks imaged directly with ground-based faculties (e.g., Gemini/GPI, SPHERE/VLTI, Keck and ALMA) and space-based telescopes (Spitzer, HST and, soon, JWST)
- Environment influence of an active young star on the evolution of the primordial atmosphere of a young planet
- Theoretical bases for the formation and evolution of a planetary systems, including both the disk and planets
Want us to add an event to the Europlanet Society calendar? Send us the details.