LUNAR SURFACE SCIENCE WORKSHOP
18 August 2021 – 19 August 2021 UTC+1
This workshop will bring together the science community, commercial companies, and NASA Divisions and Programs with the goals of discussing investigations on reduced gravity and lunar environmental effects in physical sciences research for sustained lunar human habitation and in preparation for human exploration to Mars and to inform and inspire the science community to contribute white papers for the Biological and Physical Sciences Decadal Survey.
This physical sciences workshop will focus on:
· Lunar dust and its properties, behavior, and mitigation
· Life support and thermal management
· Materials flammability and habitat fire safety
· Extraction of water-ice from regolith research, including separation, purification, electrolysis, and liquefaction
· Lunar environment and its effects on materials
· Lunar research in extraction, processing, and handling
· Lunar research for advanced manufacturing
Registration is required. To continue receiving e-mail updates about the session, including virtual login information, complete the electronic registration form.
Registration Deadline — August 13, 2021