Pro-Am Comet Community (Hybrid) Workshop
10 June @ 8:00 am – 12 June @ 5:00 pm UTC+1
In cooperation with Europlanet 2024 Research Infrastructure (RI), the British Astronomical Association, Planetum Prague, and the Czech cometary community SMPH, we are pleased to announce that a Pro-Am Workshop, bringing together professional and amateur members of the Cometary Science and Observational Community, will be held in hybrid format from 10-12 June 2022 at the Stefanik Observatory in Prague (and online). The Workshop will last for two and a half days, starting Friday morning, and will be in English.
The main aims and objectives of the workshop are:
- To foster stronger working relationships and cooperation within the professional and amateur comet community, based on a shared understanding of the challenges and opportunities.
- To take stock of where cometary science stands post-Rosetta and how Pro-Am observations fit into potential future research.
- To draw together the various strands of work currently going on within the community, particularly on coordination, techniques, standards and archiving and agree the way forward.
- To consider how best to encourage, and equip, more people to become involved in the study of comets, whether directly through observation (including access to the Europlanet Telescope Network), or through analysis of online data sources.
- To explore how cometary science can be used in outreach and education.
Want us to add an event to the Europlanet Society calendar? Send us the details.