Geology & Planetary Mapping Winter School
The next Geology & Planetary Mapping Winter School will be held online 7th – 11th February 2022. The school will be dedicated to the process of creating planetary geologic maps on the Moon, Mercury and Mars.
The registration is now open. The registration deadline is January 15th 2022
The registrations is free. We will try to accomodate as many participants as possible, while keeping a reasonable participant/instructor ratio. The school will cover all the topics that are necessary to produce high-quality planetary cartography:
- Introduction to features and processes specific to Solar System objects.t
- Basics of remote sensing and multispectral data exploitation
- GIS usage, based on QGIS Open Source software (project creation, and layout)
- Practical collaborative mapping with dedicated instructor on each planetary body (1 full day each)
- Principles of crater counting
- Geologic cross section and stratigraphic sections creation
- Seminars and talks from invited international guests
- The school will include frontal lectures, practical demonstrations and group-work activities for practicing mapping on the Moon, Mercury and Mars.
Find out more at: https://www.planetarymapping.eu/