Europlanet Mars Collection: 2. A Brief History of Mars
2. A Brief History of Mars
For this lesson, we will be looking through the history of Mars to find out if it may have ever been a suitable home for life, as we know it here on Earth.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Activity Outline: Investigate how Mars has changed over its history and how that might affect the habitability of the Red Planet.
45 Minutes (including 1 videos)
- Geological time
- Biology (Life in extremes)
- Astronomy (Mars surface conditions)
After completing this activity, pupils will:
- Understand how Mars has changed over time.
- Hypothesise how this has affected its habitability.
- Draw a conclusion as to which era of Mars’ history was most likely to be able to support life.
PowerPoint (8 MB)
PDF (1.1 MB)
Download teachers’ resource
Word (365 KB)
PDF (255 KB)
Teacher Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Italian versions of the resources with video lessons produced by EDU INAF are now available at: Terra chiama Marte.