Mars Collection of Educational Resources: 4. Martian Chemistry
In this lesson, we will be looking at the chemistry of Mars and how this can affect its potential habitability
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Activity Outline: Understand how the chemistry of the Martian soil may affect the habitability of the Red Planet. This involves taking a closer look at how temperature and salinity can affect the chemistry of Mars.
45 Minutes (including 2 videos)
- Chemistry (Solubility, Saturation, Compound Structures)
- Biology (Life in extremes)
- Astronomy (Mars surface conditions)
After completing this activity, pupils will:
- Understand what effect temperature has on the chemistry of Mars.
- Be able to explain how salinity affects freezing points.
- Review how all of the above affects habitability.
PowerPoint (3.6 MB)
PDF (1.2 MB)
Download teachers’ resource
Word (214 KB)
PDF (254 KB)
Teacher Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Italian versions of the resources with video lessons produced by EDU INAF are now available at: Terra chiama Marte.