Nominations for the 7th Paolo Farinella Prize are now open
**The deadline for the prize has been extended to the 25th May**
The seventh Paolo Farinella Prize is devoted to planetary sciences and specifically to studies on the “Physics and dynamics of the inner planets of the solar system and their satellites”. The award ceremony will be hosted by the European Planetary Science Congress (EPSC) meeting in Riga, Latvia (17th to 22nd of September 2017).
For the 7th “Paolo Farinella” Prize the terms and rules are as follows:
1. A competition is announced to award the “Paolo Farinella” Prize for the year 2017. The prize consists of a plate, a certificate and the amount of 1500 €. The winner is expected to give a Prize lecture at the EPSC awards special session.
2. The winner will be selected on the basis of his/her overall research results in the field of “Physics and dynamics of the inner planets of the solar system and their satellites“.
4. The nominations for the “Paolo Farinella” Prize can be made by any researcher that works in the field of planetary sciences following the indications in the nomination form. Self nominations are acceptable. The candidates should have international and interdisciplinary collaborations and should be not older than 47 years, the age of Paolo when he passed away, at the date of April 30th, 2017.
5. The winner of the prize will be selected before June 15th, 2017 by the “Paolo Farinella” Prize Committee composed of outstanding scientists in planetary sciences, with specific experience in the field.
6. The Prize Committee will consider all the nominations, but will be entitled to autonomously consider other candidates in case the reported candidates do not meet criteria 2. and 4.
More about the Paolo Farinella Prize.