Press Briefings at EPSC2022
The full programme of the Europlanet Science Congress (EPSC) 2022 is available on the meeting website. Registered conference participants, including registered media attendees, will be able to access recordings of the scientific sessions on the relevant pages of the programme. The recordings will be added 7-10 days following EPSC2022 and be available for one year.
Press Briefing on Monday, 19 September 2022s
ESA Hera Mission: Investigating binary asteroid (65803) Didymos and the DART crater
14:15 CEST / 13:15 BST / 08:15 EDT
One week ahead of the impact by NASA’s Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) spacecraft with the asteroid Dimorphos, representatives of the European Space Agency’s Hera mission, the Italian LICIACube mission and DART will present an update for the media.
- Michael Küppers, Hera Project Scientist, European Space Astronomy Centre
- Andy Rivkin, DART Investigation Team Lead, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
- LICIACube Team representative (TBC)
Solar System Observations with Webb
15:00 CEST / 14:00 BST / 09:00 EDT
- Geronimo Villanueva, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Ann-Carine Vandaele, Institut royal d’Aeronomie Spatiale de Belgique
- Giuliano Liuzzi, University of Basilicata, Potenza, Italy
- Sara Faggi, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Press Briefing on Wednesday, 21 September 2022
Exploring the planets: Innovations in robotic exploration and visualisation techniques.
14:00 CEST / 13:00 BST / 08:00 EDT
- Sebastian Walter, FU Berlin
- Patrick Bambach, Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research
- Gerald Eichstäd, Citizen Scientist