2 years Post-doc at Space Research Centre of Polish Academy of Sciences (CBK)
Mars is a planet intensively studied by many space missions (ExoMars TGO orbiter, Mars Express, MRO and in the near future in Rover 2020). CBK participates in the TGO mission.
The possibility of two-years Post-Doc position concerns observations and numerical simulations of surfaces and the atmosphere of this planet. In CBK there are numerical programs for atmospheric simulation and spectral characteristics of surfaces. There is also the possibility of spectral measurements in laboratories of Martian analogs in the framework of cooperation between CBK and other institutions (WAT, ILOT).
The Post-Doc will analyze the chemical composition, sources, losses and evolutions of gases with low concentration (eg methane) in the atmosphere based on measurements of ACS, NOMAD and CASSIS instruments from the TGO mission. He/She will also work on the radiation transfer through the atmosphere and interaction with the surface as well as on the analysis and interpretation of spectrometric observations and imaging of the CASSIS camera. One of the main goals of the study is to analyze the presence of methane its sources and losses.
CBK participates in the observation by the CaSSIS instrument and is associated with NOMAD team. A Post-Doc will participate in these works.
Post-doc (2 years employment)
Nr ref. WR.110.14.2019
- Master education in physics, geophysics, astronomy; university or polytechnic
- Doctoral degree
- Experience in the analysis of observational data and programming
- Knowledge of programming in one or two languages (C ++, Matlab, Python, IDL)
- Experience in research work, publications
- Knowledge of English that is sufficient for being able to work in an international environment.
- Interpretation of results obtained from simulation programs and observational data with, among others, ACS, NOMAD and CaSSIS instruments
- Publication of scientific results
- Participation in scientific conferences and presentation of results
- A Post-Docs employee will participate in Cassis team works.
The application should contain
- Application for employment
- CV containing information about the candidate’s publication achievements
- Copy of the document confirming the obtained academic title
- Other achievements, eg an opinion of an independent researcher about the candidate
- Consent to the processing of personal data by enclosing the following statement:
I hereby authorize Centrum Badań Kosmicznych PAN located in Warsaw 00-716, Bartycka 18A to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process in accordance with the Article 6(1)(a) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation). The controller of collected personal data is the Centrum Badań Kosmicznych Polskiej Akademii Nauk located in Warsaw, Bartycka 18A, 00- 716. The Data Protection Officer may be contacted by e-mail email@example.com. The legal basis for the processing shall be Article 6(1)(b)(c)(f) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation). Processing your personal data is necessary to carry out the recruitment process conducted by CBK PAN. The personal data will not be transferred to third country or international organisation and will be processed for 2 years. Your personal data will not be transferred to third country or international organisation and will be processed for 5 years. Centrum Badań Kosmicznych Polskiej Akademii Nauk informs you that you have right to access to your personal data, as well as in the event that the basis for processing should cease to exist – rectification or erasure of or restriction of processing or right to data portability. You have also right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Provision of personal data is a requirement necessary to enter into a contract; the possible consequence of failure to provide such data shall be denial of concluding of the contract. There will be no automated decision-making, including profiling.
Applications can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org until 15 January 2020.