VESPA – Call for data services 2020
VESPA has issued a call to external teams to add new data services to the VESPA portal.
VESPA aims to make planetary and Solar System data accessible and searchable through a system derived from the Astronomical Virtual Observatory. Currently 54 databases are available from the VESPA portal and 30 to 50 more are expected to be made available on-line during the next four years.
This is the 5th annual VESPA call for Data Services. Four to five projects will be selected to enlarge the data content accessible via the VESPA portal. A common workshop will be organized with the selected participants to help them design and set up their project, and to open it to the users community. This workshop will take place in Toulouse, France, from March 30 (noon) to April 3 2020, at the Institute for Research in Astrophysics and Planetology (IRAP).
To find out more about the system, see the VESPA data query service.
- Call opens: 17 January 2020
- Call closes: 28 February 2020
- Selection telecon: 04 March 2020
- Selection of teams by 06 March 2020
- Telecons with selected teams from 9 to 20 March 2020
- Workshop: 30 March 2020 to 03 April 2020 at IRAP, Toulouse, France
- Post-workshop telecon, May 2020
- Finalization review performed with the proposers, June 2020
- Service delivery date: June 2020
For further information, requirements, etc, visit: http://www.europlanet-vespa.eu/call2020.shtml
VEPSA is supported by Europlanet 2024 RI, which has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 871149.