Europlanet Launches Expert Exchange Programme
A new Expert Exchange Programme, funded through Europlanet 2024 Research Infrastructure (RI), has been launched to support the mobilisation of the planetary community and transfer of knowledge. The scheme aims to share expertise and best practice, and to prepare new facilities and services for integration into the RI.
The programme provides funding for short visits (up to one week). Due to travel restrictions from the Covid-19 pandemic, virtual visits are also supported through the Europlanet Expert Exchange programme.
Objectives for an Europlanet Expert Exchange might be:
- To improve infrastructure facilities and services offered to the scientific community by Europlanet 2024 RI laboratories or institutes.
- To provide training on theoretical or practical aspects of the laboratory/fieldwork required to plan a future TA application.
- To foster cooperation between academia and industry (SMEs).
- To support early career professionals to develop skills to use or manage RI facilities or services.
- To widen participation from Under-Represented States in RI activities and services.
- To support the inclusion of amateur communities in European planetary science campaigns.
- To support engagement with wider society e.g. through the involvement of outreach providers, educators, journalists, artists etc.