Mars Collection of Educational Resources: 5. Brines on Mars
In this lesson, we will be be delving into how saturated brine solutions affect the habitability of Mars.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Activity Outline: Understand super-saturated salt solutions and how they can affect the habitability of another planetary body.
45 Minutes (including 1 video)
- Biology (life in extremes)
- Astronomy (Mars surface conditions)
After completing this activity, pupils will:
- Understand how crystallisation works.
- Be able to explain how we get saturated and super-saturated solutions.
- Be able to reason how saturated salt solutions affect habitability.
PowerPoint (3 MB)
PDF (2 MB)
Download teachers’ resource
Word (355 KB)
PDF (246 KB)
Teacher Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Italian versions of the resources with video lessons produced by EDU INAF are now available at: Terra chiama Marte.