Mars Collection of Educational Resources: 6. Evaporation and States of Matter
In this lesson, we will be looking at the development of salt beds and the potential for their habitability.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Activity Outline: Understand the formation of salt pans via the mechanism of evaporation.
45 Minutes (including 1 video)
- Biology (life in extremes)
- Astronomy (Mars surface conditions)
After completing this activity, pupils will:
- Critically examine evaporation
- Understand states of matter
- Describe how salinity and desiccation affect the habitability of an environment.
PowerPoint (3.5 MB)
PDF (3 MB)
Download teachers’ resource
Word (366 KB)
PDF (266 KB)
Teacher Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Italian versions of the resources with video lessons produced by EDU INAF are now available at: Terra chiama Marte.