Get Ready for ERIM 2023!
The first Europlanet Research Infrastructure Meeting (ERIM), co-hosted with the 5th Europlanet Early Career (EPEC) Annual Week, will take place next week (19-23 June 2023) in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Almost 150 people will join in person, with a further 130 people registered to participate online.
If you will be joining us for ERIM 2023 and EPEC Annual Week, here are some final updates and reminders.
- The Whova app is your online portal for ERIM and EPEC Annual Week 2023. Use the app to access sessions remotely, receive updates to the programme and other notices, and join discussions. It’s also a great place for networking with other ERIM participants. If you haven’t already done so, please download the Whova mobile app or access it from the desktop web platform. Add sessions to your personal agenda to help us ensure appropriate room allocations and keep the meeting running smoothly.
- Remote participation: In the Whova app, click on ‘Agenda’ and then choose the session you want to join. The window for the live stream will open 10 minutes before the scheduled start of the session to enable speakers and panellists to test their audio/video and screen-sharing settings. The link is the same for speakers and general attendees. All attendees will be muted when they enter the WebEx livestream. You can request to be unmuted by using the ‘raise hand’ function or asking through the chat. Guidelines and tutorials for participants and speakers are available on the ERIM 2023 website.
- Incident reporting: ERIM 2023 and EPEC Annual Week are committed to providing a safe, welcoming and inclusive experience for participants. In registering for ERIM and EPEC Annual Week 2023, physical and virtual participants have accepted that they are bound by the Code of Conduct for Europlanet 2024 RI. If you observe or experience behaviour that is in breach of the Code of Conduct and wish to file a report, please use the incident reporting form.
- Quiet room: We will provide access to a quiet room within the Hotel Sorea for any on-site participant that may have need of a space to pray, breastfeed or simply have a moment of silence. We will advertise the location of this room daily on the Whova app Community Board and on the ERIM Notices Board in the lobby of the Hotel Sorea.
- Social event and excursion:There are still some tickets available for the social event dinner (€30) on Wednesday 21 June at the Parlament Restaurant, which has panoramic views of the castle and Danube. Some places are also available on the bus for the excursion to Comenuis University Astronomical Observatory (10€) on Thursday 22 June. To sign up for either or both of these events, register now.
- Public transport: Participants can get to the Hotel Sorea by bus or tram (the nearest stop is Kráľovské údolie). Hotel Družba and Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics, Comenius University (FMFI UK), are at bus/tram stop Botanická záhrada. More details on travel and local information are available on the ERIM website.
- Changes to your plans:If your travel plans change or you want to change your participation from in-person to hybrid (or vice versa) please let us know so that we can keep the venue up to date with numbers.
- Europlanet Challenges: An objective of the meeting will be to brainstorm action plans for 10 challenges related to the sustainability of Europlanet. On Monday, we will ask all participants to join one of 10 topical teams that will focus on each of the challenges. Look out for discussion threads on the Community Board where you can get involved.