ERIM 2023 – Regional Hub Track
The Europlanet Society Regional Hubs support the development of planetary science at a national and regional level, particularly in countries and areas that are currently under-represented within the community.
Our Hub Committees organise networking events and workshops to support the research community, as well as to build links with amateur astronomers, industrial partners, policymakers, educators, the media and the wider public. Europlanet Society members are welcome to participate in the activities of one or more Hubs.
ERIM 2023 is an opportunity to bring the Regional Hubs together to discuss current activities and challenges, share successes and barriers, identify wishlists and priorities, and define a clear roadmap for supporting the Europlanet community through the Regional Hubs into the next decade.
Regional Hub-led activities at ERIM 2023 include:
- The role of the Regional Hubs
- Regional Hub breakout sessions
- Training on Society communication tools (CRM, website, etc)
- Synergies between EPEC and Regional Hubs: Supporting planetary science at a national and regional scale
Co-organised Regional Hub sessions (led by other tracks, but relevant to Regional Hub attendees) include:
- Interactive introduction
- Organising the Europlanet (outreach and education) community, from global to local scales
- What role for Europlanet in the future European Space Industrial Landscape?
- The ecological footprint of research in planetary sciences
- Poster interactivity, from old school to Augmented Reality
- The Europlanet General Assembly
- Roadmapping for Europlanet
For more details, go to the ERIM programme and look out for sessions tagged in green.
Find out about the other ERIM 2023 programme tracks: