How to transform your outreach activity into a business: examples and case studies – ERIM 2023 Outreach
- Learning from the valuable experience of panellists.
- Foster a safe environment to discuss steps and processes to create a business out of your science communication activities.
- 5 min: Introduction
- 10 min: Short talk. What should you think about when starting to turn your science communication activities into a business?
- 30 min: Panel discussion I – 4 questions from the moderator
- 45 min: Panel discussion II – open conversation with the audience
Hybrid format: the workshop will include online content available to all (e.g. interviews, videos, and resource package) and will be livestreamed. A moderator will make sure to ask the questions typed in by the online attending audience.
Target audience: Outreach and education officers, science communicators, early career researchers.
Duration: 1h 30
Skills audience get from it:
- Learning about basic business models (product, service, training, media, events coordination, etc.) and structures (non-profit, for-profit, start-up, etc.).
- Learning about basic market studies skills: identifying demand and acceptable business models (who, what, how much).
Working Group: Ulysse Pedreira-Segade, Livia Giacomini, Federica Duras, Thibaut Roger.
For more details, go to the ERIM programme and look out for sessions tagged in orange.
Find out about the other ERIM 2023 programme tracks: